1961 My Home Town Jiggle, Which One Is Best?

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

1961 My Home Town Jiggle, Which One Is Best?

Post by Lost Fresno » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 am

I was 10 years old when this jiggle was played on the KYNO radio station. However, doing some research on "our" Fresno jiggle, I discovered that every major city had one made with the same company called PAMS! I have included the original here plus several other Fresno renditions. Which one do you like best? I even put in one from Atlanta (last one) so you could tell that they really did just change a couple of words around.

During an interview Interview with Bob Rall conducted July, 2008, he had this to say: In 1961, the Dallas-based PAMS company (known for its signature radio jingles) created a "extra" for stations - a 2-minute song bed, to be used to create a local song called "My Home Town." While the tune was written by Euel Box, the stations were in charge of creating their own Chamber of Commerce style lyrics, highlighting local attractions, historic monuments, or simply stating civic pride. Terry Lea (or Terry Lee or Terry Lee Jenkins, as she is credited on the recordings), a regular PAMS jingle singer, sang what are estimated to be hundreds of different versions of this song - many of which were turned into 45s and distributed via the various local radio stations.

oldschool

Re: 1961 My Home Town Jiggle, Which One Is Best?

Post by oldschool » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Thank you very much for posting these Jiggle's. I love the first two. Wow Webster Webfoot and Jimmy Weldon were young! Al Radka, and Mike Conners too. Is that Dick Contino with the accordion? Thank you again, oldschool