Marv Harrison, Flippo Junior

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
organistspouse

Marv Harrison, Flippo Junior

Post by organistspouse » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:26 pm

Marv Harrison is a most talented man and a personal friend of half a century.

Today, Fresnans remember him for his work on a TV station owned by the Roman Catholic Church.

I remember him from the 1950s and 1960s as Flippo Junior, on Channel 12. The station later became Channel 30. Both were affiliates of the CBS Television Network.

Have you any memories of Marv/Flippo Junior to share?

Barbara W

Re: Marv Harrison, Flippo Junior

Post by Barbara W » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 am

I remember the great times I had working with Marv at the TV Station at Fresno State during the 70's. I was Education Director at the CCSPCA and would bring a pet or a movie about pets from the Latham Foundation and talk about the proper care of animals. I remember one program when Kathy Garner, Fresno Wildlife Rehab, brought baby Opossums. She was known as the Possum Mama up and down the state as she "wore" these babies and bottle fed them until they were old enough to eat on their own. These babies crawled all over Marv, Kathy and I and drooled the most ungodly smelling yuk. Marv was such a good sport and taught me a lot about working on TV. Thanks, Marv.
Attachments
radka flippo ad.jpg

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Here is a YouTube video of Flippo in his later years long after he left Fresno. Marv Harrison kept his creation alive and reinvented the Flippo the Clown character. See the complete website here:

http://www.flippotheclown.com/

mkw

Post by mkw » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Flippo Jr was cool ( compared to the square Uncle Bill Show ) . He would even , rarely, break out of character and walk up close to the camera ( home audience ) , tilt his head and share something sarcastic with the older kids ( or their folks ) !

mkw

Post by mkw » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 pm

That video is of a totally different Flippo the Clown , in Ohio.

Our Flippo ( Flippo Jr, later Marvo the Clown ) -Marv Harrison -went on to other TV industry jobs including Catholic TV gig at cable's EWTN and helping start the valley's local Catholic cable channel KNXT

Thornehx@aol.com

Post by Thornehx@aol.com » Fri May 05, 2017 9:11 am

Why are there no photos of Flippo Jr. anywhere to be found on the internet. Would love to see him again.

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri May 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Here is a photo of Flippo Jr. and Jimmy Weldon at Disneyland.
Attachments
flippo and weldon.jpg

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Sat May 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Lester Burger and Filippo Jr.
Attachments
flippo lester burger.jpeg