PJ Eads Jingle and Cartoon

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Gale24

Re: PJ Eads Jingle and Cartoon

Post by Gale24 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:52 pm

I am still looking for the ad. If anyone can tell me who might have it in their archives I would be thrilled. By the way, I forgot to mention that Uncle Bill is also alive and well.

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:00 pm

I grew up with that cartoon...can still hear...P.J. EADS!! I loved P.J. my father (Red) was a very good friend of his and all the brothers. He was a salesmen for P.J. at the lot on Tulare ( 60's) later worked for Bill and with Bruce...knew them all! Even visited the house in Coarsgold with my parents..we were all kids together. And later in life we had the pleasure of seeing P.J. at the car auction on Marks every Thursday!! Bless his heart he remembered me as a little girl! I would love to connect with you, not quite sure how on this forum.. Let me know.

Ruby1960

Post by Ruby1960 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 am

I was reading about "PJ Eads" and saw a few mentions about "The Oak Leaf" on Tulare. This was my late maternal grandfather's favorite place to eat! When we'd visit from the Bay Area, we always went to "The Oak Leaf". My grandfather would always have a veal cutlet. There was a waitress there named Mary who was very nice. I'm going to check this website for more "Oak Leaf" info if there is any. Thank you!

Scott-o-Rama

Post by Scott-o-Rama » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am

We’ll put you behind the wheel at
Jack’s Used Cars in Selma.
We’ll make you one heck of a deal at
Jack’s Used Cars in Selma.

Not sure about the exact lyrics, but I remember it was sort of a country talkin’ blues rhyme and the refrain was always “Jack’s Used Cars in Selma.”

Scott-o-Rama

Post by Scott-o-Rama » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:34 am

.. and he spoke it like a Texas cowboy, so it came out like “Jacksh Ushed Carsh in Shelma.”

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:02 pm

What car dealer used the slogan,..."I'll stand on my head to make you a deal"?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am

Mack Lazarus used the “stand on my head...” line. He sold mobile homes in Kerman.

Joseph-Valarie

Post by Joseph-Valarie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 am

Bob & Lois Eads faithfully attend our Church every week!

Fresno born

Post by Fresno born » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:28 pm

I remember that ad as a young boy growing up on E. Nevada Ave. the giant Sycamores were still there when I moved to Sacramento area in 1961. I always thought it said “I’m going to PJ Eads, the valley’s largest independent used car dealer in Fresno.
Those commercials stuck with me more than any others for 65 years.