Forty Niner Show

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
LEN

Re: Forty Niner Show

Post by LEN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I was on the 49er Show, everyone got a free Pepsi, I knocked mine over...and cried.

flwbdw

Post by flwbdw » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Slim Andrews use to buy tires from my dad's tire shop on Kings Canyon Rd. next to Don Jorgenson's battery shop. I was in awe when he came in as I was in the presence of a TV star. I also remember saving a lot of potato chip bags to get on the Junior Auction. I'm thinking that was on the Webster Webfoot show but not sure. Never made it though. One of the big disappointments in my younger days.

Richard Annggllee

Post by Richard Annggllee » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

The Forty Niner and Jimmy Weldon were both great kid shows. I met them at their TV stations several times and in personal appearances in the community too. My favorite was the Forty Niner at Mendota's Cantelope festival in the Summer of 1958. We lived in Dos Palos and at the time they brought a truck load of cantelopes (iced down) to the park. My younger brother (Vern) and I ate most of a cantaloupe each and waited for a picture with "The Forty Niner".

He had a 10 gallon hat and buckboard (for pictures) and a small pekinese dog with a cowboy hat. I have the picture and my bother (probably 5 at the time) has a 'who are you looking at' stare. If I can post it, the picture is a classic! Slim Andrews was the sidekick to Tex Ritter in the movies too (was very tall and rode a donkey). My Great aunt and uncle owned the Dos Palos Movie theater back in the day a showed the old cowboy short movies on Saturdays. Richard and Vern

pstoffels

Post by pstoffels » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14 pm

I was on the 49er show on my 4th birthday. I had long curls and I was probably asked a half dozen times where I got those curls. I sat in the first seat. I remember being disappointed that there was a green screen and not an actual show directly in front of us.

johnnymorris1

Post by johnnymorris1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:21 pm

I stand corrected. Shaw and Cedar

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Slim Andrews played the Fresno Big Barn as well! Banjo I presume.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Sat__Dec_27__1947_.jpg
Fresno Bee - Dec. 27, 1947 / Click to Enlarge

Werehm@cox.net

Post by Werehm@cox.net » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:02 pm

As an 8 year old, I appeared with all those other kids on the 49er Show in the summer of 1959. The only time I was ever willingly on TV; Channel 47 on Shaw Ave. Just less than a mile from where we lived, just across from Fresno State College. Wish we had VCRs back then.