Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater & Creature Feature

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
tomc

Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater & Creature Feature

Post by tomc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi there - anyone growing up in Fresno in the 70s remember watching Science Fiction Theater on Channel 30, or Action Theater and Creature Feature on KMPH? They all aired on Saturday. I saw so many great horror and sci-fi movies on those shows!

frodoboy

Re: Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater & Creature Feature

Post by frodoboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am

And Nancy Allen's movie matinee on 24 and Miss Pat's playroom?

Rachel

Post by Rachel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I remember Creature Feature VERY well ! The movies Gargoyles, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, the Hammer films

Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I remember "Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee" as a staple of KMJ-TV, Channel 24's, daytime schedule for many years.

Johnny Morris

Post by Johnny Morris » Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 am

Does any one remember KVVG-TV Ch. 27 in Tulare, CA?

Mbguy

Post by Mbguy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 pm

I remember Action Theater on Saturday afternoons. For a long time it was two movies back to back, then it went to three movies; 6 hours of b movie monsters, aliens, cowboys, etc. Creature Feature was at night, Fri or Sat. I wish I could remember some of the "classics" I watched.

brooke050870

Post by brooke050870 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

I remember Creature Feature on KMPH 26 very well! It came on on Saturday nights. I have searched You Tube for an old clip of the Creature Feature opening theme, but it's not on there. I love that I'm not the only person who grew up in the Valley in the 70s and 80s who remembers that show. Before Channel 26 became affiliated with Fox in the late 80s, they were your typical indpendent tv station. I remember when Creature Feature came on, the announcer who did so many of the station idents would come on and say, "Cuh-REAT-ure Feature!" Great memories.

TimBarrett59

Post by TimBarrett59 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:14 pm

I cant rmember the name, it might have been Al Radka's late Night movie, but in the Mid 1970's, every Saturday night, Ch 30 showed the New from 11p-11:15pm, then they had Al Radka's Saturday Night Serial and he would show a 15 min serial like The Crimson Ghost, Buck Rogers etc etc then a movie. Used to love watching those old serials back then,

Big J

Post by Big J » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 am

When was this, roughly, did it predate Channel 26?

brooke050870

Post by brooke050870 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 pm

@TimBarrett59 Al Radka! Wasn't he the Oberti Olives guy?