Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater & Creature Feature

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
TimBarrett59

Re: Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater & Creature Feature

Post by TimBarrett59 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:46 am

Yes Al Radka was the Oberti olive guy, and Lemoore Cleaners as well as numerous other crazy ads on Fresno TV!

johnnyretro

Post by johnnyretro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 pm

My brother and I loved to watch Science Fiction Theater, Action Theater and Creature Feature! It was B movie overload!

MCKENZIEBOY

Post by MCKENZIEBOY » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 am

Creature feature ...11pm or so Sat. night. Theme music was opening organ from Elton Johns 'funeral for a friend'. Scared the whee out of me back then. 'Gargoyles' with fading star Cornell Wilde, great bw film. Lets hope Tim Burton never sees it.

FresnoBeach

Post by FresnoBeach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I remember Action Theater Saturday Afternoons on 26... and I think on 24 on Sunday afternoons was a Martial Arts Movies. 26 showed a 3D broadcast of Creature From the Black lagoon you could get the red and blue glasses from Gottschalks. Also a local radio station broad casted a stereo version of 2001 a Space Odyssey in syn with a TV broadcast, this was way before Stereo TVs. Not local made but shown on local tv. I remember watching Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom in the 1970s it was back in the day before any cable animal planet it was the animal show to watch with Marlin Perkins who seemed like an outdoor big game hunter when really he's an animal conservationist. Then there was the different kind of western known as Kung Fu.

Porkchop

Post by Porkchop » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 am

Ok, see if my memory serves me correctly; first we had channel 26 who had "Shock Theatre" on Friday night, then showed the same movie the next morning on "Science Fiction Theatre." Creature Feature was channel 30 on Saturday night, right after they showed the Saturday Night Serial. (I seem to remember the Crimson Skull)

Mustiata

Post by Mustiata » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 am

I also enjoyed watching Action Theater Saturday afternoons. I also loved the advertisement movie clips with the music theme. Correct me, if I am wrong? I am thinking the opening music theme, and show advertisement was a segment from Fire on High by ELO, or similar. I would love to see/hear a video of the opening theme and advertisement again from channel-26, remembering how fired-up my friends, and I would get drumming to the beat of the opening action theme.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Ch 30 did show a sci-fi on Saturday night, right after the 15 minute serial.

Ch 26 would show Science Fiction Theater on Friday night, and the same movie on Saturday Mornings Shock Theater. I think the music for the Friday night showing was "Black Sabbath" by [of course] Black Sabbath.

Former Fresnan

Post by Former Fresnan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:47 pm

As a kid in the 60s, my must see TV shows (on our small black and white TV) were “Science Fiction Theater”, “The Flintstones” and “Gilligan’s Island”. I can still recall some of the movies shown on SciFi Theater such as; “The Blob”, “Invasion of the Saucer Men” and “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”.

CinemaBill

Post by CinemaBill » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:23 pm

Does anyone remember the Nightmare with host Sabastian? He had a skull-like head and I believe it was on channel 47. Anyone have any info?
Bill

REBELTF

Post by REBELTF » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 pm

Yes, he was the olive guy. he hosted Al Radkas fright night. at some point. also the opening theme song to Creature Feature was originally Black Sasbbaths 'black sabbath' then was later changed to Blue Oyster Cults 'godzilla' both had ominous sounding intros. also, dont forget Kung Fu theatre.