Uncle Bill show on Channel 30

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
razwilliams

Uncle Bill show on Channel 30

Post by razwilliams » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 am

Does anyone here remember The Uncle Bill Show and can share any information or memories?

scott-o-rama

Re: Uncle Bill show on Channel 30

Post by scott-o-rama » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 pm

The Uncle Bill Show was on Channel 30 weekday afternoons during the early to mid-60s. I can't remember the exact order of the shows, but I think Uncle Bill came on at around 4:00 or 4:30 -- either before or after Micky Mouse Club and Flippo Jr, which were in turn followed by Al Radka hosting The Three Stooges. Bill's last name was Curtis, and his daughter was a classmate of mine through the grammar school years.

The show seemed to be for very young kids: As a 5th grader I remember that although I would watch it sometimes -- while waiting around for the Stooges to come on -- I was already too "grown up" for Uncle Bill. I remember you could write in to Uncle Bill and then on your birthday he would read your name and age on the air while a saccharine male voice sang the Happy Birthday song. My lasting impression of Uncle Bill is that he was a soft spoken, kindhearted man who knew how to talk with little kids -- sort of a local yokel Mr. Rogers.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Thu__Aug_27__1964_.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - August 27, 1964

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Bill show on Channel 30

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:00 am

So the Uncle Bill Show huh? Never watched it but I see what the problem for me is. I was 14 when this was airing and my focus had just turned from Superman comics and cartoons to wondering about what girls were all about, a real mystery at the time. However, I finally figured out that they were the best things on the planet and Superman was out!

Also out for me was the other cartoons featured on the Uncle Bill show:

1. Rocky and Friends
2. Huckleberry Hound
3. Woody Woodpecker
4. Magilla Gorilla
5. Yogi Bear
6. Peter Potamus
7. and ah, Superman

But in was an attraction to Fresno's favorite sweetheart in the 1950's and 1960's, Nancy Allen!
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Thu__Aug_12__1965_.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - August 23, 1965