Betty Hutton at the Stanley Warner Theater

~
Who could forget the fabulous Crest or the Tower Theater? Fresno’s drive-ins were the most popular with teens, among them the Moon-Glow and the Sunset. The world’s largest outdoor screen was housed at the Sunnyside Drive-in. Did you hide in the trunk to save 50 cents or possibly steam up the car’s windows? Share your old Fresno theater memories here.
~
1christone1

Betty Hutton at the Stanley Warner Theater

Post by 1christone1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Who else remember's Betty Hutton, the movie's "Annie," in "Annie Get Your Gun," performing live and in person, at the Stanley Warner Theater, downtown Fresno, December 1957?

flwbdw

Re: Betty Hutton at the Stanley Warner Theater

Post by flwbdw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:33 pm

What a memory jogger! So that's what my parents were singing all through Dec. I was 8 in 1957 and my parents went to a show that month. I remember that because it was almost Christmas and we had a 57 Olds 88 at that time. Thanks for posting this. I didn't see the show but saw the reaction of two of the audience members.

*Note from admin: Newspaper clipping from 1957 added with Betty Hutton appearance advertisement.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republic.jpg
Fresno Bee - Sun. Dec 8, 1957 - Hutton ad

christone

Post by christone » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:31 pm

So thrilled someone else remembers this event.

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Wed May 13, 2015 4:03 pm

The review the next day was not as kind but indicated that the small crowd in attendance loved her. Apparently she tripped on stage! I was 6 years old at the time so what do I know?
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Sat__Dec_14__1957_.jpg
Fresno Bee 0 Sat. Dec. 15, 1957 - Hutton review

1christone1

Post by 1christone1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Glad to know someone else remembers. Way cool.