Warner's Cinerama Theater

~
Who could forget the fabulous Crest or the Tower Theater? Fresno’s drive-ins were the most popular with teens, among them the Moon-Glow and the Sunset. The world’s largest outdoor screen was housed at the Sunnyside Drive-in. Did you hide in the trunk to save 50 cents or possibly steam up the car’s windows? Share your old Fresno theater memories here.
~
krazgeo

Warner's Cinerama Theater

Post by krazgeo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 pm

I remember watching 3 movies in particular at the Warner's Cinerama Theater in Fresno. The first was 'Lawrence of Arabia'. What a great story, and the music still sticks in my mind to this day. The second was 'How The West Was Won' also a terrific story and soundtrack, with dozens of great actors and actresses. The icing on the cake was '2001- A Space Odyssey'. My best friend while growing up in Firebaugh went with me to see it in spring of '68. We were at FSC. I was mesmerized by the way the music matched the action, and to this day that version of the 'Blue Danube Waltz' is the only one I want to hear.
Attachments
Warnors.jpg

Arne Dresslar

Re: Warner's Cinerama Theater

Post by Arne Dresslar » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:53 am

We probably bumped shoulders at the snack bar. I remember going to "2001-A Space Odyssey" in 1968 with a girl I was trying to impress and hopefully, score at LEAST 2nd base on the way home. Only made it half way to first base. Darn.

Klassik57

Re: Warner's Cinerama Theater

Post by Klassik57 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:26 am

It is now the Warnors Theater of the Performing Arts. I am a volunteer there. It's one of the most beautiful Historic Landmarks in our city, that is still standing! I remember going there once, as a child, in the 1960's. I saw the movie OLIVER when it was The Cinerama. The screen was huge and it felt like you were there, in the movie!