Cruisin’ the Drag on Belmont

~
Come back with us now to those hot summer nights when half of Fresno's teens were driving up and down Belmont. Or remember what it was like on Fulton St. before Belmont took the title of "Fresno's Main Drag" Remember the Rainbow Ballroom? Post you night life memories here.
~
GoodForYou

Cruisin’ the Drag on Belmont

Post by GoodForYou » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:16 pm

I have many memories of cruising Belmont. Sometimes, we would hang at Bob’s Big Boy while watching all our friends go by and yelling out where parties were happening around town. It was great when stopping next to a car load of people we didn’t know so we could talk and exchange numbers. We never failed to follow the line of cars turning around at the car wash to do it all again. Sometimes we shot pool while waiting for all of our friends and other cruisers to get there. I must admit, my friend and I would look for guys on motorcycles so that we could park our car and go riding the rest of the night. Too much fun!!

JanetG

Re: Cruisin’ the Drag on Belmont

Post by JanetG » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:43 pm

oh the memories .... '74-'75 for me... my boyfriend had a *nice* fast GTO & they would race on the strip by Roeding park... Omg can u imagine that now...