Pink Kitten

~
Come back with us now to those hot summer nights when half of Fresno's teens were driving up and down Belmont. Or remember what it was like on Fulton St. before Belmont took the title of "Fresno's Main Drag" Remember the Rainbow Ballroom? Post you night life memories here.
~
Drakonyx

Pink Kitten

Post by Drakonyx » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Does anyone have any recollections from a place called the Pink Kitten near the Belmont underpass?

*Note from admin: Newspaper clipping added from 1965 showing Pink Kitten ad.
Attachments
pink-kitten-fresno-bee.jpg
Fresno Bee - Fri. Nov. 19, 1965 - Pink Kitten ad

Sharlsie

Re: Pink Kitten

Post by Sharlsie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:33 pm

That was a topless place, right? I actually had a friend who worked there for a while when we were 18/19.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am

I also remember this place, along with The Hiphugger at the Blackstone/Abby split, near Olive.

*Note from admin: Newspaper clipping from 1965 showing grand opening of the Pink Kitten.
Attachments
pink-kitten-fresno-bee.jpg
Fresno Bee - July 14, 1965 - Pink Kitten ad

ca4niagrl61

Post by ca4niagrl61 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:24 pm

I just posted the link to the dancer who is listed in the ad as a dancer at the Pink Kitten. How funny! Google sure makes it easy to find information.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0347493/
Attachments
lisa-guiraut-bo.jpg

flwbdw

Post by flwbdw » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:33 am

I don't remember much about the Pink Kitten as I lived on the other side of town.

I do however remember the uproar in my neighborhood when all the parents found out about the Cotton Tail Club opening.

We lived on East Mono off Chestnut before there was a Kmart, Thrifty Drug or Mayfair Market. Just an empty field.
The club was moving into a building that was formally Penn's Market. A place we kids would get a can of Shasta soda and stale candy or chips for less than a quarter. It had been there longer than I could remember.
All of the parents fought the county, this was just out the city limits,but to no avail. Some threatened to burn the the empty building down.
That did happen to another empty building. It was located a couple of hundred yards west of the market next to the Mobil gas station. It was earlier rumored to become a bar. The whole neighborhood had a pretty good idea who did it but nobody said a word.

I had to get out of Fresno so I joined the Navy in 1968, scared to death they would station me in Lemoore, and have no idea what happened to the CT club.