The Place, the Cadillac Club and Bisla's

~
Come back with us now to those hot summer nights when half of Fresno's teens were driving up and down Belmont. Or remember what it was like on Fulton St. before Belmont took the title of "Fresno's Main Drag" Remember the Rainbow Ballroom? Post you night life memories here.
~
mboy

The Place, the Cadillac Club and Bisla's

Post by mboy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Does anyone remember the name of the nightclub on blackstone in Fresno before it was Bisla's? it had several names over several years and I can't remember any of them and I am going crazy -HELP!!!

MrAngry

Re: The Place, the Cadillac Club and Bisla's

Post by MrAngry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 am

To mboy, Kind of funny that you asked that in this thread, if you're thinking of the club at Herndon & Blackstone, the name I remember it being the most was "The Palace" but if I'm not mistaken it was also known as "The Cadillac Club" before it became Bislas. I remember hearing about how the P.D. started using the area as a trap for DUI since there was one entry/exit point, if you drank you got busted. That was before the checkpoints they use now. Anyone remember a liquor store across Blackstone called "The Party Keg" it was a tiny building with killer prices on kegs, but they also had bottled beers I've never seen since then. The mid 80's didn't seem so cool at the time.

FDF

Post by FDF » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

It was The Palace on the north west corner of Blackstone and Herndon. They had great rock band - Axe use to play there regularly.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Mon__Feb_15__1965_.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Feb 15, 1965

Keith Simpson

Post by Keith Simpson » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:17 am

Yes the Cadillac club was downtown by The old spaghetti factory behind the convention center it said right next to spaghetti factory and it had all kinds of shows every week I seen Peter Frampton sweet weird Al yankovic y&t offspring and many more there back in the day.

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Before it was Bislas the club on Blackstone and Herndon was called The Metropolis
18-20 on one side and 21 n over on the other side. They shared the dance floor. LoL

Marty O

Post by Marty O » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:49 pm

It was also called the Zoo in the 80's. Never the Cadillac Club. That was next to the Spaghetti Factory on Ventura and R

Marty O

Post by Marty O » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:51 pm

I saw Ice T and Body Count at the Cadillac Club. Also Guns & Roses when they were nobodies 🤣🤣🤣

no name

Post by no name » Wed May 03, 2023 1:17 pm

I saw Zack Wylde at the Cadillac Club in either 1993 or 1994. Fun show and cool venue.

REBELTF

Post by REBELTF » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:51 pm

Cadillac Club was the Old Spaghetti Factory.