The Place, Nightclub in Fresno

~
Come back with us now to those hot summer nights when half of Fresno's teens were driving up and down Belmont. Or remember what it was like on Fulton St. before Belmont took the title of "Fresno's Main Drag" Remember the Rainbow Ballroom? Post you night life memories here.
~
aspann

The Place, Nightclub in Fresno

Postby aspann » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

I moved to Fresno in 1965 and enjoyed the sounds at The Place, in Fresno. Anyone else remember this place? It was owned by the band leader. Don't remember his name. Any help?

oldschool

Re: The Place, nightclub in Fresno, ca

Postby oldschool » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm

In 1965 I was pretty young. I lived way south west of that area. I remember my parents and I would drive by The Place. At night it was always crowded. I am not sure, but I think Ron Pearson owned it. If you read one of my other postings, he had a band called Ron Pearson and the Ron Dons.

They played many, years around Fresno. Ron also owned a night club on Belmont near First in the mid 1970's. Also in the mid 1970's near Princeton and Maroa he might of owned a night club called the Flame or Inferno. Not sure. Thank you for mentioning this. The last time I was in Fresno was 2006. It has really changed.

oldschool

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm

His name was Ron Pearson he had a band long ago named Ron Pearson and the Ron Dons, then he owned IN KA HOOTS in Clovis Ca. I am not sure what happened to him.

sjvalleydave

Postby sjvalleydave » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 pm

He also owned the place on Belmont for awhile, then Ron Pearson's Circle on Maroa. Had Inkhoots in Clovis then Inkahoots 2 on Shaw and 6th till about 1996/1997. A friend of mine saw him somewhere lately. Doing OK. He also had a brother who drove hard tops/supermodifieds. He was killed way back racing

mboy

Re: The Place, Nightclub in Fresno

Postby mboy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:05 pm

does anyone remember the name of the nightclub on blackstone in fresno before it was Bisla's? it had several names over several years and i cant remember any of them and i am going crazy-HELP!!!

Kathy lahanas

Ron person

Postby Kathy lahanas » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Ron Pearson died August 27, 2015. My girlfriend and I followed him all around Fresno in the 70s, dancing and enjoying his music!! Sorry to see his obituary today. Rock on Ron!

MrAngry

Re: The Place, Nightclub in Fresno

Postby MrAngry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 am

To mboy,
Kind of funny that you asked that in this thread, if you're thinking of the club at Herndon & Blackstone, the name I remember it being the most was "The Palace"
but if I'm not mistaken it was also known as "The Cadillac Club" before it became
Bislas. I remember hearing about how the P.D. started using the area as a trap for DUI since there was one entry/exit point, if you drank you got busted. That was before the checkpoints they use now. Anyone remember a liquor store across Blackstone called "The Party Keg" it was a tiny building with killer prices on kegs, but they also had bottled beers I've never seen since then. The mid 80's didn't seem so cool at the time...

Return to “Fresno Night Life and Cruzin' Belmont & Fulton Streets”