Remembering the Fresno Guide newspaper

~
Don't have time to wade through 10,000 posts to find the most interesting memory shares? This is our Featured Memories and Best Posts area. Feel free to add on to any post but only the administrator move a thread from another forum and place it here. That's why we call it "Featured". So, start a topic in ANY one of our other Forum categories and ya never know - it may end up here!
~
Erie.mon

Re: Remembering the Fresno Guide newspaper

Postby Erie.mon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:53 pm

I used to throw the Chronicle in the morning, the Guide after school, then the Bee in the evening. As hard working as I was, you would have thought I would have made something of myself. I was told John Bonadelle started the Guide in order to have a Conservative/Republican newspaper in town. It lasted for a lot of years, but I guess you can only lose so much money before you quit worrying about getting the 'right' message out there.

Scott Whitney

Re: Remembering the Fresno Guide newspaper

Postby Scott Whitney » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:10 pm

My brother and I used to deliver the Guide in the mid-60's. One added benefit - every Wednesday there was a discount coupon for Me-N-Eds.
(at one time Me-N-Eds was the best pizza in town - of course there wasn't much competition back then)

Return to “Featured Memories - Best "Must Read" Posts”