Country Squire Theater

~
Who could forget the fabulous Crest or the Tower Theater? Fresno’s drive-ins were the most popular with teens, among them the Moon-Glow and the Sunset. The world’s largest outdoor screen was housed at the Sunnyside Drive-in. Did you hide in the trunk to save 50 cents or possibly steam up the car’s windows? Share your old Fresno theater memories here.
~
SuzyA

Re: Country Squire Theater

Post by SuzyA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 am

Saw The Sting 1974, Jaws June 1975, the Poseidon Adventure. We also took our son to see his first movie here, Pete's Dragon. We loved this theater!

meechmom

Post by meechmom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am

Loved the Country Squire. Saw Jaws there in 1975, I was 16. The first shark attack I flew all my popcorn on the person in front of me! lol

TMH1957

Post by TMH1957 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I remember my first official double date there. I do not remember the girls name, but I do remember we saw Butch Casady and the Sundance Kid. At a later time I saw Capacorn 1. Ah, the memories!

Drakonyx

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I saw "Tron" (the original version) there. I suspect it didn't stay open long after that.

Fresmantic

Post by Fresmantic » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 am

I remember watching Pete's Dragon there as a kid - also distinctly remember stepping on a candy bar in the theater that stuck to my shoe! Also remember watching Disney's The Black Hole with my parents - at night. Felt like such a grown-up going to the movies at night instead of some kiddie matinee. Years later, I used to pass the theater site once in a while on my way to work. Didn't it get turned into a carpet place at one time? Was very sad when they tore the theater and shopping center down.

marlie88

Re: Kids Movie Theater on First?

Post by marlie88 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 pm

It was the ShelMel Country Squire named after daughters Shelly and Melody Kornbrot