White Front, the first Walmart

~
Don't have time to wade through 10,000 posts to find the most interesting memory shares? This is our Featured Memories and Best Posts area. Feel free to add on to any post but only the administrator move a thread from another forum and place it here. That's why we call it "Featured". So, start a topic in ANY one of our other Forum categories and ya never know - it may end up here!
~
HempShoward

Re: White Front, the first Walmart

Postby HempShoward » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:21 pm

I remember White Front, it was on the SE corner of Blackstone and Ashlan. Recently it was a Mervyns. I remember the day the Beatles, 'Abbey Road' album was released I made a special trip to Fresno in my 1961 Corvair to buy it. White Front had it for sale for $2.25. One Christmas me, my mom and a friend went Christmas shopping and White Front was our last stop. At the time I was driving a 1970 VW bug. I parked at the back entrance and when we came out someone had bent the side wind wing window got in and ripped off everything. That really sucked!

AppleGlenn

Postby AppleGlenn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:27 am

Hi, is White Front still there? I use to go to White Front with my family with I was little.
Do you have a recent photo of White Front?

Brett G

Postby Brett G » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:24 am

That was a very interesting store design. Had great doughnuts too.

Return to “Featured Memories - Best "Must Read" Posts”