KYNO #1 Fresno!

~
Don't have time to wade through 10,000 posts to find the most interesting memory shares? This is our Featured Memories and Best Posts area. Feel free to add on to any post but only the administrator move a thread from another forum and place it here. That's why we call it "Featured". So, start a topic in ANY one of our other Forum categories and ya never know - it may end up here!
~
galactustrilogy

Re: KYNO #1 Fresno!

Post by galactustrilogy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm

As the yearbook photographer at McLane, I shot this 1973 photo for the advertisements that ran in the back of the book. Wish I'd shot more of the interior! Includes DJ Mike Novac.
Attachments
1973 KYNO-McLane High yearbook advertisement-1.jpg

doclohman

Re: KYNO #1 Fresno!

Post by doclohman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 pm

mascm wrote:Frank Terry was the DJ who did the drum-a-thon. He did it at White Front on Blackstone. I think he was with KMAKe at the time. I remember also DJs named Fred Kimmel, Tom Maule, Sam Schwan (KYNO) and Dick Carr (KYNO). Sam Schwan had a gimmick where they would call you at home and if you guessed who was calling ("is it Sam Schwan?), you'd win money. All the kids called each other to goof on one another, and we all fell for it out of fear of losing out on the cash.
Yep, I was there. I saw Frank Terry drumming away.