My Memories of Harpain’s Dairy

~
Don't have time to wade through 10,000 posts to find the most interesting memory shares? This is our Featured Memories and Best Posts area. Feel free to add on to any post but only the administrator move a thread from another forum and place it here. That's why we call it "Featured". So, start a topic in ANY one of our other Forum categories and ya never know - it may end up here!
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: My Memories of Harpain’s Dairy

Postby Lost Fresno » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:12 am

In this Fresno Bee article from 1970, it talks about the farm being continued by Walt's son after he passed away 2 years prior. It also includes a great over all history of the farm and how it came about. Be sure to click the article to enlarge!
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Sun__Jun_7__1970_.jpg
Fresno Bee - June 7, 1970 / Click to Enlarge

melishus63

Postby melishus63 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 pm

One of my good childhood memories was going to Harpain's to buy milk and getting an ice cream cone too. My family lived just off Cedar, near the dairy from 1975-1978. Funny memory of my Dad getting spat on by the llama (my Dad ignored the sign warning that you shouldn't stand to close to the fence because of the spitting llama). my sister and I just about died laughing. I was 13. The Harpain's son's went to the same school as we did. They were blond and cute. I may have had a crush.

Neil Sporin

Postby Neil Sporin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Well, I lived directly across the street from the dairy for many years and went to school with John and Jeff. I have been in the buggies, in the monkey cage, and eventually rode the rooster which was incredibly difficult. I thank you for having this thread, as it brought back a ton of memories.
Side note - John and I were playing with matches one day and lit the dump area on fire (on accident). I will never forget the calm Walt asking his son, "did you light that?", to which his son immediately said "No Dad". Walt walked up to him, reached in and pulled the matches out of his son's front pocket, saying, "Jeff (me), you should probably go home now."

Return to “Featured Memories - Best "Must Read" Posts”