Centennial Elementary on Saginaw Way

~
Amongst the fondest of all of our memories are from High School. Share where you attended, who your special friend was or the winning game touchdown you made. Also list a long lost classmate that you are searching for. And we love seeing photos of around your campus.
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Centennial Elementary on Saginaw Way

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 am

I walked by the old school and neighborhood recently and I was shocked at how dilapidated the entire area was. The school still stands and the iconic cafeteria still looks the same. When my parents bought their first home just down the street, they paid what seems like an enormous sum at he the time: 12,000 for a 3 bedroom house. I was 5 years old and the school was still being built so I had to attend kindergarten at Holland Elementary. So I missed out doing the first class that went through the entire grade levels but I did start first grade there. My Dad was a part-time professional comedian and he was the master of ceremonies at the Talent Show in 1960. You can see him on the Centennial Stage below.
Attachments
Centennial.jpg
Main Entrance and Cafeteria
Centennial.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
centennial_1964_1.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: Centennial Elementary on Saginaw Way

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am

If you attending an elementary school in Fresno during this era, you would of learned about Ann, Billy, Dick, Jane and the rest of the gang. And let's not forget about Rex (later named Spot). Here is an actual Fresno copy of the reader you may have used! We would need for it to be tested for fingerprints and your DNA sample to be absolutely sure.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Click to Enlarge
s-l1600-2.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Scott-o-rama

Re: Centennial Elementary on Saginaw Way

Post by Scott-o-rama » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:19 am

Dude, Spot and Rex were different dogs ... LOL