Franklin Elementary School

~
Amongst the fondest of all of our memories are from High School. Share where you attended, who your special friend was or the winning game touchdown you made. Also list a long lost classmate that you are searching for. And we love seeing photos of around your campus.
~
ShielaMoore

Franklin Elementary School

Post by ShielaMoore » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:36 am

I use to go to Franklin Elementary school in the 60s. I lived a block away on Atchison Avenue. At the corner of the street was Cow's Market that I use to walk to ALL THE TIME!

Does anyone out there have any old photos of Franklin that I can see? Of if you went there in the 60s? And what does it look like now?
I don't remember, but, what was the school's mascot?

mkw

Re: Franklin Elementary School

Post by mkw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 pm

It was " Cal's Market " across the street and the Snow White and Triangle Drive-Ins surrounded it on opposite sides

my teachers 1st -6th grades ( went to Teilman for KG ( Mrs Case ) and first semester of first grade ( Miss Jane Rasmussen )

Miss Jean Waterman
Mrs Marilyn Baker
Mrs Finch
Mrs Bonnie Booth
Mr Gene Weber
Mr Ted Perini

mkw

Re: Franklin Elementary School

Post by mkw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:07 pm

After transferring to Franklin half way through 1st grade I noted the totally bald , stern Mr Al Pratt , the principal , who used to administer corporal punishment " swats " in front of his office that purposefully echoed loudly throughout the hallway to send a message ...far different from than the kindly , friendly and gentle Mr Kenneth Jones , the principal at Teilman !