RHS Yearbooks

~
Amongst the fondest of all of our memories are from High School. Share where you attended, who your special friend was or the winning game touchdown you made. Also list a long lost classmate that you are searching for. And we love seeing photos of around your campus.
~
Senior57

RHS Yearbooks

Post by Senior57 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm new to the site, and like it very much. Grew up shuffling between parents and grandparents in Fresno and Richmond, and have fond memories of both. Discovery of Lost Fresno has awakened memories that are sadly very difficult to retrieve. Some stand out better than others, like the beautiful Crest and Warners theaters, Stan's Private Line, Furlong Field Airport, etc. Just now, I wonder if any members have access to the Roosevelt High School Nautilus Yearbooks for 1957 and 1959. I would love to obtain any kind of copies of both, even Xerox-style reproductions. Mine were lost during military service in 1961. The Air Force sent me to one base, and all of my personal belongings to another destination yet to be discovered. ..... I'll post a few of my fading memories of Fresno in the near future. It was a great place to grow up in in the 1940s and 1950s. Best wishes to all!

Big J

Re: RHS Yearbooks

Post by Big J » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

You might try the downtown library. They have an archive of local yearbooks going back fairly far, and while they won't let them be checked out, I'm sure you could xerox them as they do have copy machines - 10 cents a page I believe.

Senior57

Post by Senior57 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am

BigJ ..... Thanks for the suggestion. I have contacted the county library, and had arranged for xerox-type copies, but they decided that to do that would possibly ruin the books' bindings. I am fully in agreement with their decision. Thanks again for your kindness in replying. RHS and Fresno have for some reason come very much to mind lately. I'm 3,000 miles away, but have quite a yen to walk those streets again. What a great town it was (and I am sure still is) back in the 1940s and 1950s. And what a fine school Roosevelt High was in the mid and late 1950s, with a fantastic faculty and wonderful student body.

Big J

Post by Big J » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

You might also try the Fresno State Library, or possibly giving a call to a store downtown called Yoshi Now. They're on Broadway and Mono (I think...right near that Pep Boys). They have old yearbooks around there as well and may know where you might find one if they don't have yours.

Senior57

Post by Senior57 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Big J ... I'll follow your welcome suggestions, and thank you for them again.