Sierra Jr. High in 1965

~
Amongst the fondest of all of our memories are from High School. Share where you attended, who your special friend was or the winning game touchdown you made. Also list a long lost classmate that you are searching for. And we love seeing photos of around your campus.
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: Sierra Jr. High in 1965

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello everyone and especially those who attended Sierra Jr. High, I have attached a page form the school newsletter (circa 1967)
Attachments
Around_Sierra.jpg

Klassik57

Post by Klassik57 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 am

I attended junior high school there for 7th, 8th and 9th grade in the early 70's. Mrs. Jenkins was the Dean of Girls and she was kind of mean! Mrs. Marashian taught the Shop class, and, of course, she was missing a couple of fingertips! Remember the 9th Grade Quad ? It was a covered area where we hung out at lunchtime. Lunches were only 45 cents! I too, remember going to Sock-Hops in the Auditorium after school. Good memories.

RButler76

Post by RButler76 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:21 pm

I went there in 1976 when it was just 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Mrs. Nana Jenkins (Dean of Girls/Vice-Principal) was retiring that year after having been there 17 years. Mr. Kachadoorian was Principal. I was 9th grade that year. Went to McLane next year.

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 am

Hello everyone! Please enjoy this rare video shot at school during 1967. Special appearances by school teachers and administrators such as by Dean of Girls, the lovely Ms Jenkins and numerous shots of the ever popular Charlie Fox, Ms Church and the Couch Thornton. But we start out with a tour of the hallway madness of checking our home locker and a couple of quick shots inside my home room. Then it outside at lunch time near the quad. Next, we head over to the McLane stadium for a track meet. Many outstanding sequence featuring three different cheer leading squads, the pep band and featured track stars. We also see the lovely Suzie McFarland and close friend, Terri Stiers mugging for the camera. Check out Bob Star and his trumpet!

JoeM

Post by JoeM » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:24 pm

I attended Sierra from 1965 to 1968. Mrs Brez was my favorite teacher. I was in love with Terri Alvis and Linda Alvarez. I had my fights under the tree by Burger Chef. All of the 'firsts' that happens to a young man happened to me at Sierra. I was a bad boy.