Palm Lakes Golf Course near Airways.

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~

Palm Lakes Golf Course near Airways.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 pm

For years i have passed this old golf course on Dakota ave between chestnut and peach ave. any one have any information site was a golf course with dead grass and a wooden sign saying golf course closed. The wooden sign is all that remains i think it was wild white palms golf course or something can't remember the exact name!

racersjvalleydave

Re: Palm Lakes Golf Course near Airways.

Post by racersjvalleydave » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

That was Palm Lakes Golf Course. It was open until not all that long ago. Played golf there in the mid 1990's. Executive course, lots of par 3's and a few par 4's...

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:36 pm

The City of Fresno has turned the former golf course into a industrial park:

https://abc30.com/business/golf-course- ... e/3790710/

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An old blighted golf course near the Fresno Yosemite International Airport is getting new life.

"I don't know if you watch fixer-upper, but to me, it was a fixer-upper. It was an overgrown golf course. I ended up purchasing it and putting it into escrow," said Ted Price.

Price is the developer of the new Palm Lakes Business Park off Dakota Avenue near Peach Avenue. It used to be a golf course that shut down in 2007.

Price says he saw the property as a diamond in the rough and took a chance on redeveloping the area.

Leaders came together Thursday for a groundbreaking on the property.

"This area of town had a lot of potential, now we're going to get some good tenants in here to this light industrial (area). This is going to be great for Fresno," said Fresno Mayor Lee Brand.

The business park could accommodate 1.2 million square feet of industrial space and employ about 1,000 people.

"We've been looking for several years for a good fit for us, and we just couldn't find anything, so we ended up decided this was going to be our new home," said Michael Walton.

Walton is the president of Universal Coatings of Fresno, which provides roofing and insulation. The company will be the first to go into the Palm Lakes Business Park.

"Freeway access is great here in comparison to where we were before. The location is amazing. The building size we are going to be able to develop is going to be quite a bit larger than what we had," said Michael Walton.

They currently employ 50 people, and they could have up to 100 people in their new space.

Construction will take place on the Universal Coatings building in about a month. Developers tell me they have three to four other businesses in escrow right no
Attachments
dakota avenue.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 am

I am always interested in old Fresno history, especially the Airways Golf Course from back in the day. I can remember Dad taking me there to have pancakes on Sundays at their coffee shop. But that was in the early 60s. When I saw this thread, I thought maybe the old Airways course was renamed to Palm Lake at some point but that was not the case. The Fresno Bee once printed the text below and I have also include one of their photos:

"Palm Lakes was once a privately owned 18-hole golf course. The city bought it for $1 in 1984 but was never able to make it viable. In 2005, the city closed it"
Attachments
palm lakes.jpeg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee map