Motel Fresno, a nice place in the early 60s

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
Webbie

Motel Fresno, a nice place in the early 60s

Post by Webbie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:43 am

My family stopped in Fresno at Motel Fresno (later changed to Fresno Motel) on our way to visit our grandmother in Oakland, CA. It was so fun for us kids swimming in the pool, drinking Shirley Temples and playing cards. Our parents would sit in the bar and we would have the pool almost to ourselves at times. We would walk across the road and put pennies on the railroad tracks and retrieve them later as our "souvenirs". Once, Ed Ames from the tv show Daniel Boone and some other actors were there rehearsing for a play and we got an autograph.

I can't find any pictures of Motel Fresno online from those days just a couple of postcards with drawings but we have some pictures. It was a very nice place in the early 60s, very peaceful. Doesn't look so great now, sadly.

Deborah
Los Angeles, CA
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Fri__Apr_10__1970_.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Apr. 10, 1960

centralvalley1946

Re: Motel Fresno, a nice place in the early 60s

Post by centralvalley1946 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 am

I remember that motel very well. I really enjoyed reading your recollections and I'm sharing a postcard I have of that very place!
Attachments
motel fresno.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Memories of the Motel Fresno via vintage match book covers!
Attachments
fresno motel matchbooks.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Max Mulsanne II

Post by Max Mulsanne II » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Wow thanks for sharing guys. All those motels are gone now since May 2017. HSR (High Speed Rail) project bought them all out along with Annie Hollywood's Bar, and demolished them. It would have been nice to see of them restored.