Saint Agnes Hospital (the old one)

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
nitro79

Saint Agnes Hospital (the old one)

Post by nitro79 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 am

I haven't seen anything on here about the old Saint Agnes hospital on Fruit between Home & Floradora. I was born there in March of '61 and I'm sure many other visitors to this site were born there as well! It's either an elderly care or mental institution now I believe.
Attachments
407852b747c426025c65ac474e9dc5cf.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Opened in 1929

Elizabeth

Re: Saint Agnes Hospital (the old one)

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 am

We moved to Fresno in 1962, and I remember taking my daughter to the emergency room with an injury (playground type) and how big and spooky the grounds seemed...big pines or deodars, tall doors and windows and old style flooring. The doctor on duty was a super-nice English guy (real deal Brit accent) who fixed up my girl and sent us off home feeling relieved, plus a tetanus shot just in case. Next thing I remember was being taken to the NEW St. Agnes for my own boo-boo (broken foot bone) ten years later. No spooky grounds, just acres of parking.

GYM

Post by GYM » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:43 pm

I was born at Saint Agnes (the old one) in 1953

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 am

I was Born at the old St Agnes in 1964.