Fresno Running Man

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
tomc77

Fresno Running Man

Post by tomc77 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Does anyone remember a man who used to be seen running/jogging all over Fresno in the 1980s? I remember seeing him all the time, often in the area of Willow/Clinton/Ashlan. If I recall, he was usually shirtless and sometimes carried some kind of baton or walking stick. He was always running, at different times of the day, all throughout the year. I thought of him this week because I read a story about a man who was known for decades to run all over the Charlottesville, Virginia area until he was tragically killed by a car, and it made me recall Fresno's own "Running Man."

Re: Fresno Running Man

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:20 am

i remember him. his name was Don. he roller skated and had a big clear baton that he would twirl. we'd see him all over town. it was fun to see him. Hey Don!.... if you're out there.

Oldmanharris

Re: Fresno Running Man

Post by Oldmanharris » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 pm

I remember seeing him often was I was a kid, and saying that he was my hero.