How many times did you drive to Yosemite from Fresno?

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

How many times did you drive to Yosemite from Fresno?

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am

Growing up in Fresno provided quick access to Yosemite and as soon as I could drive, I drove up often. In fact, one day during my senior year at McLane - my friend Tom Dienst and I ditched class for the day to drive there. We pulled into Yosemite Lodge, parked the car and hiked to the very top of Yosemite Falls. We took a quick look around and hiked back down and returned to Fresno before we were late to arrive at home from our regularly scheduled last class! Now that is a close drive. Below is a great time lapse video of the entire drive from Fresno to the Wawona entrance station in 9 minutes. It all looks very familiar as I sometimes thought I had each curve memorized!

Scott Whitney

Re: How many times did you drive to Yosemite from Fresno?

Post by Scott Whitney » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Cool video, it brings back many fond memories. I must have driven it 30 times or more. I've hiked to the top of Yosemite Falls twice and the top of Half Dome twice. We also used to ski at Badger Pass. Now I live in Florida. There isn't much I miss about California but I do miss Yosemite, the mountains and the smell of the forest.