When I attended Western Union Training school - 1960

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
bigbobh

When I attended Western Union Training school - 1960

Post by bigbobh » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Way way back in June and July of 1960 I attended Western Union Training school in Fresno. They put us up at a hotel I believe on Blackstone but don't remember the name of it it may have been the Blackstone hotel not sure. Does anyone know if there was such a hotel at that time in Fresno . As I remember it was an older building and was definitely in downtown Fresno. There used to be a weekly dance held there I believe put on by AA but again not sure. I was 19 years old at the time and I know that all the teenagers with cars used to "Drag The Main" in their cars and a few of us used to hang out on the main drag hoping to picked up by young ladies looking for some fun times. I had a lot of good times in Fresno back then. My home at the time was in Long Beach so I stayed in Fresno all week long at the hotel. What I am trying to find out is what the name of the hotel was . Does anyone have any info? Thanks ..

Bigbobh