After 31 years Fresno is Calling Me Back

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
FresnoLetMeGo

After 31 years Fresno is Calling Me Back

Post by FresnoLetMeGo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 am

Well, after 31 years Fresno is calling me back, I left Fresno for Stockton with my family when I was about 4 or 5 (1984? I'm 35 now) and some of the first memories I have from childhood nearly all involve fresno. I spent many years wanting to come back and sight see but never got the chance, the closest I came was blasting down 99 every few years and noting the steady decay of the "Astro" after watching "Mammoth Orange" fluctuate like a weakening heartbeat further north....

I met my wife eight years ago who was in process of getting her nursing license (what a struggle that was program/lottery wise) my wife on a whim applied to Fresno City both of us thinking we would NEVER end up there, well she has to attend the orientation so we stayed with an uncle of mine that still live here and have been here the whole time since 78'. We decided to take a self guided tour. I knew very well that Blackstone was the center of this towns "universe" and as long as I could find it I could get back. Let me tell you what a sad sad reunion all these highways, where'd they come from? And the streets sad and desolate, boarded up shops and houses the sad state of the Reoding Zoo and park. A friend asked us how fresno was and we agreed that in general "Fresno was a great place to commit suicide" but I guess that's an unfair outlook for just a quick trip. Fresno in General much like Stockton doesn't realize how bad it is the people in both places just live life like things must go on.

Well my wife was accepted (HOLY CRUD!!!) and now I am looking for work and a place to rent for the next two years. This town still tugs at my heart strings and the places I've been call to me, Happy steak, Pioneer chicken, the country market on Blackstone and so on and so on. I attended preschool at Highway city Head-start (my dad was president for a while :) and kindergarden at a school somewhere close (I still remember a the girl I had a crush on, but can't see her face anymore).

So being a heavy equipment/semi truck mechanic I applied for several jobs and lined up interviews and stayed last week, let me tell you land marks call me like it was yesterday, Greyhound downtown the Security bank building Guarantee Bank, Me n Eds, Happy steak building, old Pizza Hut building, Bobs big boy, they got me I hope they let me go after I make piece later but in the mean time the "archeological dig" Is on !!