Anybody climbed the Fresno Water Tower?

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
sid

Anybody climbed the Fresno Water Tower?

Post by sid » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 pm

i mean it was built in 1894 so i guess a few have been up to the top huh? i don't mean if you work for the city - don't folks do a urban commando thing were they investigate areas that are closed to the public? So fess up old timers, who has been to the top?

Re: Anybody climbed the Fresno Watrer Tower?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 am

My dad worked for PG&E for years and went all sorts of places. I'll ask if he or any of his cronies have been to the top.

frodoboy

Re: Anybody climbed the Fresno Water Tower?

Post by frodoboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 am

I climbed up to the top where the balcony like thing goes around it. This was back in the 60's when I think you still could. Never went all the way to the very top however. I did get to climb to the top of the Security building and go out to where the sign was. Very scary!!

jeremi08

Post by jeremi08 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:14 am

i want to! but..

Elser94

Post by Elser94 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 pm

I wish! I never even went inside.. ):

C2H5OH

Post by C2H5OH » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Do you recall the water tower on Clinton near Blackstone. I friend of mine climbed it and spray painted his name (Wild Bill) on it.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I remember that water tower..There used to be a few of them around..

THEINZE069

Post by THEINZE069 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 pm

My dad was one of the architect's that did the plans for the remodel for the visitors center. When we went in to take measurements, the inside was cleaned out. We did get to climb up the ladder into the tank and go out on the balcony around the outside.