Jewels Stables and Helen Stull's Stables

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
vdorris

Jewels Stables and Helen Stull's Stables

Post by vdorris » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:07 am

Does anyone remember Jewels Stables on Barton, near Harpains Dairy? I kept my horse, Suzie, there off and on for years---from about 1965/66-1969 and again from about 1970-1971. My sister boarded her horse, Prince, there from 74-75 or so. Rode all over the place, to Harpains, through the old Peckinpah place on the corner of Cedar and (Dakota?) down irrigation canals, to Ashlan Park, to my parent's house near First and Gettysburg. I moved to another stables in 1970 or 1971(Helen Stull's) place near First and Herndon. Used to ride over and watch the bulldozers creating Woodward Park. Herndon was the outer limits. Grazed my horse in a big field on First and Herndon every spring. Everything north of Herndon was rural, small farms and orchards.

Elizabeth

Re: Jewels Stables and Helen Stull's Stables

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am

Do any of you horse people remember a Ram Tap eventing club? A dear friend of mine, Art Kircher, was part of this club in its first days. Its events drew riders from all over California...where did it all go?