I grew up in Fresno - Hello Everyone

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
Matthew Nalett

I grew up in Fresno - Hello Everyone

Post by Matthew Nalett » Tue May 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Hey Aunt Jackie n(co-admin of this board). Matt here in Chicago can you enable images for me so i can post my grandma's old house since i grew up in Fresno. I thought I would come by and say hi to your new website. Since my grandma no longer lives in Fresno that house is a memory!

Love ya
Matt Nalett

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: I grew up in Fresno Hello Everyone

Post by Lost Fresno » Tue May 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello Matt and welcome to Lost Fresno. You are able to insert pictures into your posts by clicking "upload attachment" at the very bottom of the "Post a comment" window!

Jackie

Grampa Jack

Post by Grampa Jack » Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Matt: As everyone else in our family, you got older, not grown up! And yes, I include myself in that one:)

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I remembered the Fresno Unified School District having the best Special Education teachers for children with special needs.
Also remembered that Fresno was the best job creator for employment in the agriculture industry & people made a living while working in the agriculture industry.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am

I actually still live in Fresno. Born and raised. I just really wanted to comment :)

vancemit

Post by vancemit » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:05 pm

hey dude, i have lived in fresno most of my 50 years after a short stint in visalia, also live in washington state and arizona for a while but this place calls you back

faldonyellow34coupe

Post by faldonyellow34coupe » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Grew up in Fresno and attended Roosevelt High School graduated in the class of 1966. Does anyone remember my yellow 34 Ford coupe with the Hemi? My now wife Donna and I used to cruise Belmont and hang out at Mars Drive In. But mostly behind the car wash across the street. We are now living in the mid west. I am still Hot Rodding and have a 1928 Ford tudor Sedan powered by a small block 350. Hung around with the hot rod crowd did a lot of street racing especially out on old 99 aka motel drive. Would like to hear from any old friends.

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Hey 34 coupe, I am a little younger than you, but you bring back some memories . I got out of Washington Union High School in 73. I used to go on Belmont and go to Mars Drive-in and hang out at the car wash across the street a lot to. Man back in those days, there were some cool hot rod shops in Fresno too. Remember Eddie's Speed Shop?? And there was another on Blackstone also, can't remember the name. After high school I moved to Auburn, Ca., then in 99 I moved to Arizona. How do you like the midwest???? Are car people and people in general as cool as the ones we knew in Fresno??? I am curious, as I am in Arizona. its odd here man? I am ready to move somewhere else. Have a happy New Year.

oldschool

ratchetmaster

Re: Eddie's speed shop

Post by ratchetmaster » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 pm

The other speed shop was Service Center. H&Js machine shop was behind it.